COVID-19: What Paediatric HIV Programmes Need to Know
Webinar 3: Planning for Reopening
On 29 June 2020, UNICEF's Children and AIDS Learning Collaborative held the third session in a series of webinars on COVID-19, children, pregnant women and HIV.
The webinar covered:
- Epidemiological and scientific updates related to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and HIV
- Emerging research on children and pregnant women in the context of COVID-19
- WHO normative guidance and updates on COVID-19 and HIV
- Programmatic implications and adaptations in the delivery of HIV services to pregnant women, children and adolescents living with or at risk of HIV
- Panel discussion with South African health care providers at the frontline of the pandemic.
Dr. Lynne Mofenson, Technical Research Advisor at the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Dr. Martina Penazzato, Paediatric HIV Lead, World Health Organization (WHO)
Ann Marjorie Mbule, Senior Programme Lead, mothers2mothers
Prof. Helena Rabie, Paediatrician, Tygerberg Children's Hospital; Associate Professor of Paediatrics, Stellenbosch University
Dr. Anita Parbhoo, Medical Manager, Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital
Prof. Mignon McCulloch, Head of Paediatric Nephrology, Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital; Chairperson of the South African Paediatric Association.
All presentations are available for download below.